The Senator Warren M4A plan states that employers will pay less in new taxes than they current pay in insurance premiums.
That statement is an impossible situation under her plan which claims to add no new taxes for working Americans.
- M4A provides a benefits package (including no out-of-pocket costs) far in excess of the typical employer plan
- Employers do not pay for long term care, many don’t pay for dental or vision
- Employers on average pay only about 25% of the cost of coverage with employees paying the balance
- Employers covering about fifty million Americans are self-insured and do not use insurance. Their costs are based only on the expenses incurred by workers and family members.
- Generally, employed workers have a better health status thus lower costs than the general population
- Employers pay on average 8% of payroll for health benefits, far less than cost of M4A