The problem with these and other progressive proposals is that they fail to consider people, their actions, their motivation, their character. If you don’t change all those things toward positive action and grasping every opportunity, you change nothing. If you don’t insist on individual responsibility, what is the long term value?
- Combating predatory lending by strengthening the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Fully enforcing civil rights statutes prohibiting housing discrimination
- Cancelling student loan debt and make college debt free
- Bolstering retirement income by establishing a national savings plan
- Providing seed capital for America’s youth in the form of a national baby bonds program