According to a Bureau of Labor press release on June 28, 2019:
Employer costs for employee compensation for civilian workers averaged $36.77 per hour worked in March 2019, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Wages and salaries cost employers $25.22 while benefit costs were $11.55.
Total compensation costs for civilian workers were $12.71 at the 10th wage percentile, $27.87 at the 50th (median) wage percentile, and $72.62 at the 90th wage percentile.
State and local government worker compensation costs for employers averaged $50.89 per hour worked in March 2019. Wages and salaries averaged $31.75 and accounted for 62.4 percent of employer costs, while benefit costs averaged $19.14 and accounted for 37.6 percent. Total compensation costs at the 50th (median) wage percentile were $47.99.
Total employer compensation costs for private industry workers averaged $34.49 per hour worked ($25.21 at the 50th or median wage percentile). Wages and salaries averaged $24.17 per hour worked and accounted for 70.1 percent of employer costs. Benefit costs averaged $10.33 per hour worked and accounted for the remaining 29.9 percent. Median employer costs per employee hour worked were $17.64 for wages and salaries and $7.57 for benefits.