- Eliminate all provider networks; patients go where they choose.
- Eliminate all deductibles.
- Set fee payment schedule initially based on 85th percentile of actual charges (85 of 100 providers will have fee within schedule)
- Increase fee schedule at maxiumum rate of CPI (or similar benchmark)
- Health care providers compete on price and quality and can choose to accept fee schedule or not
- Saves large portion of administrative costs for insurers and providers.
- Prescription drugs reimbursed at 80% of Rx manager negotiated fee; 85% for generics
- Implement universal ID cards with coverage and health record chip
Simple huh? The fact much of this is right from the 1970s playbook is quite irrelevant, right❓😷